6 Tips to take care of your skin effectively
The skin, the only organ that is completely exposed to the outside world, protecting our bodies from cold, heat, external elements and agents, it lubricates itself, even eliminating some waste and toxins from the body.
Similarly, the skin warns about internal diseases with changes in texture or color, with the appearance of spots. So how can we take care of this vital organ?
Skin care involves having a healthy diet, doing physical exercises, getting enough sleep, cleaning and using regenerative lotions as well.
Skin care tips for healthy skin
Avoid the sun.
One of the fundamental ways to taking care of the skin is to protect it from the sun. Exposure to the sun causes blemishes, wrinkles and other skin problems, as well as increase the risk of cancer.
For complete sun protection:
- Use sunscreen: Use a broad spectrum of sunscreen. Apply sunscreen on all exposed skin, and reapply every two hours or more often if you are swimming or sweating.
- Look for the shades: Avoid the 10 am to 2 pm sun, as the sun’s rays during that time of the day are stronger.
- Wear Protective Clothing: Covering skin with long sleeved shirts of tight fabric, trousers and hats can be beneficial to the skin.
Smoking is harmful to the lungs and heart. It also narrows the blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, decreasing blood flow. This depletes the skin of much needed oxygen and nutrients. At the same time, it damages collagen and elastin, which causes the skin to age rapidly increasing the appearance of wrinkles.
In addition, repetitive facial expressions that are made when smoking such as, partially closing the eyes to prevent the entrance of smoke and puckering the lips when inhaling contribute to the wrinkles. If you smoke, the best way to protect your skin is to stop smoking.
Treat the skin gently.
The daily cleaning and shaving of the skin can keep it soft:
- Limit bath time: Hot and long baths remove the natural oils from the skin.
- Avoid Strong Soaps : Soaps and strong detergents can remove fat from the skin. Instead, choosing mild cleansers will fortify the skin.
- Shave gently: To protect and lubricate the skin, you should apply shaving cream, lotion or gel before shaving. For the nearest shave, use a clean razor blade. You must, shave in the direction that hair grows, not against it.
Moisturizing dry skin: If your skin is dry, use a moisturizer that suits your skin type for daily use.
Eat a healthy diet.
Healthy diet helps you feel and see yourself in the best way possible. Eating vegetables, fruits, whole grains and lean proteins is of great benefit. Some research suggests that a diet low in unhealthy fats and rich in vitamin C, refined carbohydrates could promote younger looking skin.
When stress is uncontrolled it makes the skin more sensitive than normal and triggers outbreaks of acne and other skin affections. To take care of the skin, you need a healthy metal state that will prevent you from falling into stressful situations.
Treatment of the Skin.
It is important to protect and clean the skin , but you must take good care. There are several ways, among which it is worth noting:
- The use of mild soaps, to renew dry or damaged skin.
- Try applying a healing clay or skin masks to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other imperfections.
The key to skin care is proper care on a regular basis so the skin looks better and healthier every day.
In conclusion, skin care should be a major concern in our daily health regimen, but it is often overlooked. However, these six tips will help you take care of your skin in a healthier and safer way.