Edin Dzeko to Chelsea: Antonio Conte prepares improved bid for Roma striker
Chelsea are ready to make an improved offer to Roma for Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko in a bid to break the deadlock over the former Manchester City man.
Antonio Conte wants Dzeko and his team-mate Emerson Palmieri in a £50million double swoop before the transfer window closes.
But they are struggling to reach an agreement with Dzeko who isn’t keen on moving his family to London after buying a new home in Italy.
Speaking earlier in the week, Roma sporting director Monchi said the club were open to offers for Dzeko – but were yet to receive an acceptable bid.
“At this moment I don’t like the offers that we have received, so we do not take them into consideration,” he said.
“All the clubs in the world listen to the offers that come, we are ready to listen and then decide.
“Now Edin is here and we are happy. This means that what arrived [bids] was not good.”
However, Chelsea are only prepared to offer the 31-year-old an 18-month deal.
Should a move for Dzeko fail, the Blues are also considering a move for Arsenal misfit Olivier Giroud, Express Sport understands.
But Arsene Wenger reiterated on Friday that he would only sanction Giroud’s departure if the club signed a replacement forward.
The Gunners are hoping to complete a deal for Borussia Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.